UTI symptoms after antibiotic

Q: I had a UTI and finished my antibiotic wednesday the 3rd. I still feel like i have to go to the bathroom alot. is that normal?

A:    Common symtoms of urinary tract infection are pain during passing urine , increase of urination and repeated urge of passing urine.Now you are still having urge of passing urine even after a cource of antibiotic and that means infection may not have completely resolved and you may need a longer cource of treatment. If urge of passing urine is associated with pain during or after passing urine , it could be due to bladder inflammation or stone in bladder which needs further evaluation with ultrasound , urine routine and microscopic studies and urine culture and sensitivity studies for choosing proper antibiotic for treatment.