x
Browse
190 Physicians Online

Question:

UTI symptoms after antibiotic

I had a UTI and finished my antibiotic wednesday the 3rd. I still feel like i have to go to the bathroom alot. is that normal?

Answer:

Common symtoms of urinary tract infection are pain during passing urine , increase of urination and repeated urge of passing urine.Now you are still having urge of passing urine even after a cource of antibiotic and that means infection may not have completely resolved and you may need a longer cource of treatment. If urge of passing urine is associated with pain during or after passing urine , it could be due to bladder inflammation or stone in bladder which needs further evaluation with ultrasound , urine routine and microscopic studies and urine culture and sensitivity studies for choosing proper antibiotic for treatment.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA