UTI symptoms persisting after finishing antibiotics

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed with a UTI 5 days ago after usual symptoms appeared (pain when urinating, constant need to urinate, foul-smelling urine). i finished the prescribed 3-day course of antibiotics yesterday but some symptoms are still persisting, (still painful when urinating but slightly milder, foul-smelling urine) yet some have disappeared (no longer constantly needing to pee), should i go back to my doctor for another urinalysis to see if i still have the UTI or is it normal for some symptoms to persist for a while after finishing the antibiotics?

Symptoms:  Pain when urinating, foul-smelling urine
Doctor

A:   Hi,
After completion of antibiotic course, it may take some time for complete disappearance of symptoms.
Take plenty of oral fluids like 3 to 4 liters per day.
This can decrease smell and pain to some extent.
If symptoms persist even 3 to 4 days after completion of antibiotics, better to go for urine culture and sensitivity once.
This can help in finding out the causative organism of the infection and its sensitivity to drugs.
According to that treatment can be planned with your doctor's advice. Take care.