Ask The Doctor > Pending > Uti treatment, past gonorrheal infection

Uti treatment, past gonorrheal infection

Patient: I’m a 25 year old woman, 5’2″ and 45 kgs. I’ve had recurrent bouts UTIs and vaginal discharge for the past 10 months during which I’ve been sexually active (protected and unprotected) with a single partner. I had a bout of severe vaginal discharge with vaginal itching in December 2014 and got tested. I was found to have Gonorrhea and received treatment with Augpen LB 625mg QDS x 10 days because the strain was resistant to Ceftriaxone, Cotrimoxazole and sensitive to Amoxicillin and Augmentin. My partner has no symptoms and tested negative. After 8 days I had unprotected sex with my partner and experienced itching in the vagina and noticed mild odor in the discharge which is white in color. I have sent a sample for culture and sensitivity and should have the report soon. I also experienced extreme urgency to micturition and increased frequency of micturition along with burning. I took Phenazopyridine and after testing found that I have Kleb pneumoniae UTI. What should be the treatment? I have also noticed an ulcer along the inferior part of my vaginal opening. It is painless and is existing since the gonorrheal symptoms started. It hasn’t healed. What should I do?

Symptoms: Increased frequency of micturition, white vaginal discharge with mild odor, occasional vaginal itching relieved by Phenazopyridine administration for uti relief.

Doctor: