Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > UTI when 37 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to take Augmentin?

UTI when 37 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to take Augmentin?

Patient: My doctor prescribed Augmentin for a UTI and I am in the end of my 37th week of pregnancy. I am worried about the risks to baby in utero and also during nursing should I deliver before ending my course of antibiotics. Is there a serious risk here or a better antibiotic for this? Apparently I have a high level of bacteria in my urine. The doc tried a natural medication first to no avail. Thanks!

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Augmentin is a safe drug which can be used during pregnancy & even by the nursing mothers . So you can safely use the drug .Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.