V-BALL SHOULDER PAIN

Patient

Q: I recently had a volleyball injury. I'm 39 and can't move the right arm/shoulder. Can't button my pants. Pain just from the movement of walking...rotator cuff tear?

Symptoms:  Pain in the right shoulder - front where by bra strap would be
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question.

It is possible that you sustained an injury to the rotator cuff of the shoulder joint.

The severity of this injury can range from a soft tissue contusion, muscle strain, or even a complete tear of a muscle or tendon within the rotator cuff.
The decreased range of motion and pain you are experiencing are a cause for concern. We recommend that you go to your doctor immediately to have your shoulder examined. You will also need to have an x-ray and MRI of the shoulder to ascertain if there are any tears of the muscles of the rotator cuff. Depending on the severity of the injury, your treatment can range from pain medication and physiotherapy to surgical repair. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com