Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Vagina burns after sex

Vagina burns after sex

Patient: I am on birth control and I have sex with my boyfriend without a condom. When he ejaculates inside of me, it burns. When we use a condom, sex does not burn me. It only burns when we have un protected sex. When the semen comes in contact with any other part of me, including my mouth, I feel fine and there is no burning feeling. Neither of us have an STI. Am I allergic? Will I be able to have children with him one day? What’s wrong with me?

Symptoms: Burning

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your description there is possibility of vaginal infection or local abrasions due to friction during intercourse.The exact cause can be identified by examination and treatment can be taken accordingly.As semen is not appearing as the cause for your problem, this may not affect your future fertility.Take care.