Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Vagina/Clitoris problems

Vagina/Clitoris problems

Patient: Lately, I have had some extreme itching and burning in my vagina area. I have noticed there are some tiny white spots around my clitoris area. The itching is horrible and miserable. The burning has seemed to stop some. I took a warm bath and washed my vagina off with some summer’s eve wash and that seemed to really help but it did not stop the itching completely. I do use a vibrator quite often and I used my vibrator about 2 days ago and then this is when it all started. I am also on antibiotics for a ear infection but Im eating yogurt too. I dont take the antibiotics everyday like I should simply because im forgetful. I was just wondering if maybe you could clear this up for me.p.s. Yes, I am sexually active. I haven’t had sex in about 2 going on 3 months with my boyfriend. We are in a long distance relationship. Yes, I know for sure that he is clean and so am I because we both were virgins. So, STD’s/STI’s are definitely not it.

Symptoms: Extreme itching, some burning, little white specks around the clitoris

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You may have developed a fungal infection due to Masturbation causing inflammation or as a side effect of the antibiotics. You may have to see a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like urine routine and high vaginal swab for culture. In case of a fungal infection, you will need to use clotrimazole vaginal pessaries for 6 nights. The symptoms will surely come down. Meanwhile, drink plenty of water and maintain sanitary hygiene. Avoid nylon undergarments. Use cotton one instead. You may continue to wash your privates with a feminine wash with lactic acid as a content.Hope this helped.Regards