Vagina lump inflammation - what is the cause?

Patient : I have a bump on my vagina and it showed up 2 weeks after having unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend. It wasnt hurting but i kept messing with it and then it got inflamed so i left it alone and 2 weeks later it went away and its been gone maybe a week and its big again i dont know what it is ???
Doctor :   This is most probably due to a folliculitis. Folliculitis is the inflammation of the hair folliciles due to tight clothi ng, shaving or when the pores get blocked. There may also be an underlying infection associated with the folliculitis. Most of the time warm compresses and oral or topical antibiotics (mupirocin) help to resolve the folliculitis. however you may want to see a doctor to rule out a sexually transmitted infection. Syphilis, chancroid, molluscum contagiosum or herpes, to name a few are infections that will also have bumps on the genitalia.