Vaginal area got darker after shaving

Patient

Q: I Started Shaving And Once I Did That My Vaginal Area Got Darker And I Have Ingrown Hairs.. To Me I Am Very Embarrassed By It And Im Trying To Find A Way To Clear Up The Darkness And The Bumps .

Symptoms:  Itching
Doctor

A:   Thank you for our question. Darkening of the skin of the genital region is a natural phenomenon associated with puberty. Shaving cannot is unlikely to cause this. With regards to the ingrown hairs, we recommend you refrain from shaving the area for some time to allow the are to heal. When you do shave, do not use an old razor and try to shave in the direction of hair growth not against it.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Patient: Thank You