Vaginal Bleeding after Sex

Patient : Last night after my fiance and I finished sex he noticed that there was a lot of blood. We got in the shower and I continued to bleed. So I used a tampon for the night, I use them when I'm on my period but my period had just end 4 days before. This wasn't just regular spotting. I checked his nails and they were really short, so I don't think I was cut. Today when I went to the bathroom I noticed that I am having bloody discharge, not period like, more pink-ish. I am a smoker and my fiance and I do have sex on a regular basis.
Symptoms:  Heavy bleeding after sex last night, bloody discharge and slight discomfort in the pelvic area.