Vaginal bleeding and cervix bruising

Patient : I'm currently on the Nuva ring and I don't bleed or feel pain at all. But during intercourse I bleed and as soon as we stop and I clean up, the bleeding stops. I've went and seen my family doctor, she said my cervix is bruised all around and when a swob was done she could see that it was irritated by it. What does this mean? Why does it bruise and bleed?
Symptoms:  Bleeding and bruising
Doctor :   Hello, This is possibly due to cervical erosions or ectopy or possible ill fitting size of NUVA-RING being used which causes frictional injury to the cerrvix causing abrasions which bleed during deeper penetration and frictional injury by penile head. It is advisable that a PAP smear should be done to rule out HPV infection being cause of cervical ectopy and avoid usage of NUVA ring for at least 3 months till healing is accomplished . You may use depot injections or implants which are inert. I hope i have answered your query, wishing you good health, regards