Vaginal Bleeding during Intercourse

Patient

Q: Last night I had sex with my partner and I noticed some vaginal bleeding. Not much. It stopped immediately and I am about 10 days away from starting my period. It has not happened before and I have been with the same partner for over 4 years with normal paps and neither of us have STDs.
There was not any pain associated with it - and we did not notice until we were done. I am not on birth control and we used a condom. Everything seemed plenty lubricated. Any advice? Should I be worried? I am 28. I have never been pregnant or had an abortion.

Doctor