Vaginal Bumps


Q: I have small red, rash type bumps around my pubic area, close to the clitoris. They itch and I was just wondering if I should be concerned about an STD, or Just razor-burn..etc?

Symptoms:  Itching, redness

A:   Rash with small red sweelings in pubic region could be due to fungal infection, boils or folliculitis, STD, Fungal infection are usually itchy, scally and associated with hair fall, seen due to improper hygiene and continous moist in the region. Boils or folliculitis are seen immediately after shaving the regoins and are seen close to hair follicles. STDs usually have red rash and are associated with ulcer formation and seen only after unprotected sex. Consult a dermatologist or venerologist to confirm the diagnosis and get treated accordingly. It is better to avoid sex till you get treated and remember your partner might also require treatment for few conditions.

Comments / Follow Ups

Guest: I think it just razor burn I get it all the time after shaving my penis and around my anus but I would go see your dr to be sheer .

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, I have a painful on the side of my fourth toe, it's hard, with a brownish reddish circular tip. I have had it fo...

Q: Do I have a blood clot/PE? Three nights ago I slept for 7 hours straight with my knees bent/elevated and woke up with...

Q: Hi i have been having redness and swelling of my urethra, and also the skin underneath the head of my penis has becom...

Q: I have a herniated disc at c6/c7 since July. I have had PT and a cortizone shot. the disc is not herniated toward t...

Q: I have recently came off the pill as my Partner had the snip. We split up and I slept with someone else on the 15th o...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon