Vaginal Bumps

Patient : I have small red, rash type bumps around my pubic area, close to the clitoris. They itch and I was just wondering if I should be concerned about an STD, or Just razor-burn..etc?
Symptoms:  Itching, redness
Doctor :   Rash with small red sweelings in pubic region could be due to fungal infection, boils or folliculitis, STD, Fungal infec tion are usually itchy, scally and associated with hair fall, seen due to improper hygiene and continous moist in the region. Boils or folliculitis are seen immediately after shaving the regoins and are seen close to hair follicles. STDs usually have red rash and are associated with ulcer formation and seen only after unprotected sex. Consult a dermatologist or venerologist to confirm the diagnosis and get treated accordingly. It is better to avoid sex till you get treated and remember your partner might also require treatment for few conditions.

Guest: I think it just razor burn I get it all the time after shaving my penis and around my anus but I would go see your dr to be sheer .