Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Vaginal burning and itching. Could it be UTI?

Vaginal burning and itching. Could it be UTI?

Patient: I don’t know if it is a uti. But my vaginal region has been itching and it burns really bad if I try to scratch it. It doesn’t burn when I pee. Can you pleas help me figure this out?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Vaginal itching and burning can be a result of infection. It is advisable that you meet a do ctor who will suggest a complete urine exam along with culture and sensitivity. Also send a vaginal swab for culture and sensitivity based on which suitable medication can be suggested which can provide relief.Hope that answers your query.Have a good day.