Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy

Patient : Not sure how far pregnant i am, possibly 12 weeks plus going for scan next week. For days on and off i have been having a really light brown discharge when i wipe, no cramps or pains just this discharge. can you help.
Doctor :   It is common to have vaginal discharge during pregnancy. This is known as leukorrhea and is due to the increased blood f low in the vaginal area due to pregnancy. The discharge is often clear and non-smelling.

Guest: I had the same thing happen to me and I was terrified, but the doctor reassured me that it is not uncommon to have brown spotting. I think you are fine. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worst or turns bright red then definitely get medical help. I personally had bright right, period-like bleeding when I was pregnant, which was terrifying, but everything ended up being ok. My daughter just turned 3 a few days ago :)