Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy

Q: Not sure how far pregnant i am, possibly 12 weeks plus going for scan next week. For days on and off i have been having a really light brown discharge when i wipe, no cramps or pains just this discharge. can you help.

A:   It is common to have vaginal discharge during pregnancy. This is known as leukorrhea and is due to the increased blood flow in the vaginal area due to pregnancy. The discharge is often clear and non-smelling.

Guest: I had the same thing happen to me and I was terrified, but the doctor reassured me that it is not uncommon to have brown spotting. I think you are fine. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worst or turns bright red then definitely get medical help. I personally had bright right, period-like bleeding when I was pregnant, which was terrifying, but everything ended up being ok. My daughter just turned 3 a few days ago :)