Vaginal Discharge – Treatment Options

Patient: Im having a yellow discharge i have already gone to the doctor been treated for Yeast and fungus type i guess std. But im still having a discharge has stopped. its been two week. What could it be?this happened around the time i should have had my period.

Doctor: You may be having bacterial vaginosis (vulvovaginitis). This is a caused when there is an overgrowth of normally residin g flora (bacteria and/or fungi) on the vagina. Vulvovaginitis presents with vaginal discharge, irritation, and itching.I would suggest you to consult your primary care physician to rule out the exact pathogen that is causing your vaginosis and prescribe the right treatment for it. In the majority of cases, this type of infections are caused by Fungus or bacteria that are part of your normal flora and sometimes due to factors that change or alter the PH of your vagina such as Douching, applying deodorants and cause overgrowth of this entities. I wish you a prompt recovery.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts