Vaginal help

Patient

Q: Hi,

I was recently in Panama City Beach, Fl. When i was traveling home i was experiencing a lot of itching in the vaginal area. I have had one UTI before. It was very uncomfortable, and when i made it home it started to burn when i pee, and i figured i definitely had one, so i started drinking cranberry juice because my doctors office was not open. The itching went away and the burning when i pee went away.

I did a mirror check and noticed a red lump right next to my vaginal opening. I am really afraid about what this is, could it be an STD? I have been reading online and it seems to be a normal thing that happens to women, its only painful when it is irratated. I just want to know if i should be worried about this and go see someone about it.

Doctor