Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Vaginal itching and medication

Vaginal itching and medication

Patient: Vaginal itching and medication

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query albeit short and specific.Vaginal itching and medications:I would advise you in such a situation the following:First of all consult your Gynecologist, this is important as the first-hand clinical assessment makes it easy to have a perfect diagnosis and a chance of curative treatment.- You need a treatment with antibiotics, metronidazole, probiotics, pessaries as per the diagnosis.Also important is the treatment of of your sexual partner simultaneously. This is to avoid the recurrence.Also go for routine tests of blood and urine to see that you do not have anemia, sugar and so on.Use condoms for a month or so.Try to avoid sex till both of you get cured.I hope this answer helps you.