Vaginal itching and soreness

Patient: Hi, I have had a red, sore, inflamed and itchy vagina for the last two weeks. I’ve also noticed some small cuts around my vulva and a few small red lumps around the opening to my vagina. I’m not sure if these lumps or cuts were there before or not but I have been scratching the area a bit. I don’t really have any unusual discharge but I do feel like I need the toilet much more frequently than usual. Sudocrem doesn’t seem to work. What do you think the most likely cause of this could be? Thanks.

Symptoms: Red, sore, itchy, inflamed vagina;small cuts on vulva and red lumps by vaginal opening; frequent urination

Doctor: Hello,It is evident from the symptomatology that you are suffering from a possible mixed bacterial and fungal vaginal infection. It is suggested that you visit your physician for a per speculum examination and a high vaginal swab culture to isolate the fungal and the causative bacterial organism. Once confirmed you may be placed on oral and oral antifungals and also antibiotics for a week for complete treatment. You need to avoid intercourse during the whole course of treatment and for a week to allow complete healing.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards

View all posts