Vaginal Itching for First Time

Q: My vagina has been extremely itchy and irritated for a couple of weeks now, worsening at night to the point where I cannot sleep. I also have noticed it has been peeling and there is an odorless white discharge in my underwear. What can I do to make the itching stop?

A:   Vaginal Itching with white odorless discharge is often a sign of yeast infection.  If you have had yeast infections before and this feels the same, you can treat it with over the counter medications.
If this is your first time experiencing these symptoms, see your doctor and he will be able to verify that it is a yeast infection.  It is also recommended that you see your doctor if you are under 12 years old, pregnant, or breast-feeding, or if you have diabetes or health conditions that weaken the immune system.