Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Vaginal Pain and Possible Sexual Infection

Vaginal Pain and Possible Sexual Infection

Patient: My boyfriend and i are having painful sex. I am have vaginal pain and sometimes bleeding. My urine have come up cloudy and with odor.

Symptoms: Vaginal discharge leaking , vaginal odor, vaginal soreness, and pain during intercourse.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. These symptoms are consistent with a possible sexually transmitted vaginal and urinary trac t infection. You may have contracted a sexually transmitted infection called gonorrhea or chlamydia, in order to be certain what is causing this infection we recommend that you consult your doctor in person for a pelvic examination and have samples taken to be tested. Once diagnosed, you will be prescribed a course of antibiotics which will effectively clear this infection. The sooner you start treatment, the better the outcome and lower the risk for complications.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com