Vaginal Pain, Difficulty Urinating and Bleeding

Patient

Q: I have had pain urinating with a burning sensation, difficulty getting a stream started and the feeling that I am not able to completely empty my bladder. I have inner-vaginal pain, abdominal pain and bright red bleeding but with no additional other discharge or smell. Urine is not cloudy but does have traces of blood in it. I just had finished a menstrual cycle so I know that it is not residual bleeding or anything of that nature. It is always uncomfortable when sitting and when I lay down (especially on my stomach) it feels like I have a hard knot in my way. I had a tubal ligation last November and pregnancy tests are not positive. I've also drank a ton of pure cranberry juice, taken cranberry pills, anti-inflammatories, held a heating pad on and off of my pelvic area for the past week and have rested as much as humanly possible. I am also on a chronic pain regimen for degenerative disc disease and that does not seem to ease the pain associated with what is going on. Please help!

Symptoms:  Vaginal pain, bleeding, difficulty urinating, burning sensation when urinating
Doctor

The symptom complex of burning while urination , pain in lower abdomen and lower back and occasional reddish tinge in urine indicating blood , indicate a urinary tract infection and possibly cystitis . This cannot be treated with NSAIDS or conservative management techniques but for antibiotics for the causative organisms like E.coli, ureaplasma ureolyticum. it is however advised that you may visit your physician for a urine culture and sensitivity test to isolate the causative organism and thereafter treatment can redirected accordingly in form of antibiotics for a week. It is advised that you may increase your water intake to 5-6 litres a day to allow early flushing out of infection.
I hoep i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you speedy recovery,
regards