Vaginal pains and missed periods

Q: Hi, For the past few weeks, I've been having unusual pains in my vagina. It has been very sensitive to touch, and has been pealing constantly. During intercourse, it's very painful and I feel a raw, burning sensation, but it's not dry. I also have missed my menstrual for 3 months and the month before that, I had only spotted for one day. And my lower stomach has recently been feeling very sensitive. I don't know it it's all related or not. I also am taking a mini pill, and am not having any pregnancy symptoms that I had with my last three pregnancies. I took a test two months ago and it was negative. Do you have any idea what this could be?

Symptoms:  Lower abdominal sensitivity, 3 missed periods, pain during intercourse, sensitive vagina, pealing skin in vagina

A:   Thank you for your question. Your symptoms could possibly be caused by a sexually transmitted infection, side effects of your contraceptive medication, or even pregnancy. We are most concerned with the three month history of missed periods along with the changes in your vaginal area. Please seek medical attention immediately. You well need to have a doctor perform a thorough pelvic exam, plus run appropriate tests to determine if your pregnant or not, or what could be the source of your illness.

Thank you for choosing