Vaginal Pains post first time intercourse

Q: Hey there,

My brothers girlfriend recently came to me with a little bit of an issue she's having. She recently lost her virginity with him (a few days ago to be exact) and has notified me about chronic soreness and severe pain when she goes to urinate. It's unlikely to be an STD as I'm certain that she is his first sex partner and vice versa. Do you think this will go away in time or should she be concerned and see a physician right away?

She asked me to enter her email address in the contact info so that the response goes directly to her.

Thank you so much for your time!