Vaginal Problems

Q: For the past three months, I have been getting strange symptoms right before my periods. These include itchiness of the vagina, particularly around the opening, with a discharge that can be described as milky, white, thick and odourless. I have been tested comprehensively for STDs and found negative on all counts. I have also had a swab test done by my doctor, she said she couldn't see anything abnormal and that the swab didn't show anything abnormal either.

Symptoms:  Discharge: milky, white, thick and odourless
Vaginal itching: particularly around the opening
During sex: extreme tightness, some pain, usually not able to enjoy it as much as I do at other times of the month.
Note: these symptoms are only ever experienced in the week leading up to my period.
I have been sexually active with the same man for the past six months. The STD test was conducted last month, two months after I had started experiencing these symptoms. I have not had any other sexual partners and neither has he. Before the past six months, I had been sexually inactive for three to four months. I have not experienced this before.
Potentially relevant: we use latex condoms. I have never had unprotected sex.