Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Vaginal smells and whitish discahrge

Vaginal smells and whitish discahrge

Patient: I’m 15 and for the past year iv been really really really smelly down below and also been getting this white texture, do u have any idea of what it might be if so then how could i treat it? I am sexually active but I haven’t had full sex yet if that’s helpful please reply soon I’m so embarrassed

Doctor: I do understand your concern. Both bacterial and yeast infection could present with foul smelling vaginal discharge. Sin ce you’ve mentioned that the discharge has a whitish texture, it looks most likely like a yeast infection. you can take over the counter anti-fungal creams. However, if you’ve never had a yeast infection before, it would be appropriate to see your doctor.