Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Varicocele and knee surgery simultaneously?

Varicocele and knee surgery simultaneously?

Patient: I need to have a ACL surgery, cartilage repair and lateral release. I have testicular varicose veins in need of a surgery. Do I have the two surgeries at one time, knowing that knee injuries need physiotherapy with weights, leg press, leg raises with pauses, etc? or what’s the best to do?

Doctor: You may have both surgeries at the same time. You will not start physiotherapy until you have recovered sufficiently fro m your knee surgery. This is not likely to be before 2 weeks. That would be enough time to allow you to recover from the testicular surgery and safely undergo physiotherapy.