Vas deferens attached to incision

Patient

Q: I recently had surgery to remove a spermatic granuloma caused by trauma. The day after the surgery I noticed what felt like a vein or somethig attached to the back of the incision and ran to the testicle that was repaired. When I saw my doctor he said the vas drifted over and attached itself to the incision. My teticle is suspened by the vas and can be painful when running or doing areobic execise. My question is, is it posible to have attached itself or was it sutured in upon closing.

Doctor

A:   Whether the vas deferens was accidentally sutured during surgery or simply attached itself to the incision is impossible to tell without reopening the incision. Both situations are equally capable of occurring.