Vasectomy Reversal

Patient

Q: Is it possible to reverse a vasectomy after 12 years have passed? If so, what are the odds that man will be able to father a child?

Doctor

A:   Vasectomy reversal is now a commonly performed procedure. There are no clear statistics but it depends on 1/ how the initial vasectomy was performed, 2/if the male is still producing quality sperm in significant quantity and quality and 3/the experience of the operating surgeon performing the procedure.
Speak to your family doctor. He or she may know of experienced urologists in your area.