Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Vbac possible after two C-sections?

Vbac possible after two C-sections?

Patient: Hi my name. Is MARTIKA Powell and I was wondering if its possible to have a vbac after 2 c-sections. My first was emergency and my 2nd was because he turned his head and it was swelling. I was told my tissue damage is very minimal and it looks as if I only had one c-section

Doctor: It is certainly possible to give birth vaginally after several ceasareans. However, you need to discuss this with your d octor or midwife, because there are a few considerations that need to be ruled out in order to proceed with the vbac option. Presence of any cause of previous C-section in current pregnancy as well or any other non modifiable factor such as a small pelvis may end up with C-section. Good Luck!