VDRL and its accuracy (FTA-ABS)

Patient

Q: I have been tested for AcHCV, AcHIV 1/2 and VDRL every now na then, specially after being dyagnosed with a staphiloccocus haemalyticus infection under the glans that took a LONG time to be dyagnosed and mistaken with a lot of things.
I treated it with clindamicina (portuguese way of writting it, sorry) in November, and still hold some "csars" and bumpy tissue (dont hurt, bleed, anything). Looks as if lynphatic system is clearing out the área slowly.
Recently, after having all of those tests above checked periodicly, my VDRL came positive (4dils) with a FTA-ABS Igs totais - dubious.

My question is: I had a flue before having this last exams and have had lip herpes for years. Wich conclusion should I take from this? I've been told, for its very scarse dillution accuracy, its an old syphillis I had and cured. But in that case, shouldnt my previosus tests noticed it? since i had no cancre, sores and no peninciline treatment?

I'm meeting my doctor this monday and probably asking for the shot, anyway, right?

Thank you for your time.

Symptoms:  nervousness
Doctor