Vegan diet and teen growth

Q: I had my son when I was 18 and was a strict vegan at the time. My son was also vegan until the age of three and then vegetarian until the age of 5. Now, at 14, he has stopped growing and has even got shorter by .71 inches. He was in the 50th percentile all of his life and now he is suddenly in the 15th percentile. Our GP is baffled. He has done tons of tests. He does have a slight curvature in his spine. But not enough to justify a height decrease.

My question is, could the fact that he was vegan as a child have effected his growth as a teen?