Veins more noticeable on breast

Patient

Q: Ive noticed the veins in my breast being more visible about a week ago, also getting more headaches,nausea,and my breast feel bigger. ive taken home test all came back negative. My period isnt for anther 3 days but all my symptoms make me think i am pregnant. What else causes the veins in my breast to be more noticeable .

Doctor

A:   The most common cause of prominent vein in the beast is pregnancy. Your symptoms of nausea, headache and breast tenderness all point towards pregnancy. Though your home pregnancy test has come negative, I would advise you to do a repeat test after you've missed your periods. Other causes could be due to hormonal changes, and incrsed breast size due to obesity.