Veltin Gel Usage Doubts

Q: I applied Veltin Gel (which has clindamycin and tretinoin ) after my dermatologist prescribed me for a slight dark scar in between my nose and eye.After applying for 8 to 9 times my skin became darker.

When I searched the net it said that tretinoin caused temporary skin darkening and within few months the darkening goes away.

I am an Indian and have a slightly medium to dark complexion with a sensitive skin

The area where I applied looks bad now and I dont want use other powerful skin lightners now again and cause more damage. i turned down hydroquinone suggested by my derm .As of now I am using moisturiser and sun screen on mmy face .I want to know what are the options I have in hand to improve my condition.