Vertebrae back, shoulder, neck Discomfort

Patient

Q: I have occasionally gotten a weird vertebrae or pinched nerve discomfort that randomly pops up in the middle and just to the left of my back, depending on my chair or posture that sometimes shoots up into my neck (a connected bone perhaps). I work in an office and type all day. It will hurt for awhile then disappear and reappear, never constant. What could be the cause of that and how can I treat it?

Symptoms:  Middle of back pinched or throbbing feeling that lasts a few minutes at a time. Mild to moderate discomfort.
Doctor