Very bad drop stomach

Patient

Q: Good afternoon,
My wife age 50, weighs 83,has a very bad and embarrasing drop stomach (if I can call it that)-the skin fat at the stomach is hanging very low - it seems her hips has dissapeared and she is becoming thinner by the waste down,yet she is broader by the waist upwards to the shoulders.She is still very young and I would like to see my wife with nice hips and no "flabby" stomach.
I've also noticed that her spine is moving inwards(i suppose it is because of the stomach"hanging" down.She is diabetic type 2 but has been having the stomach condition before we discovered she had diabetis.Her thighs are also becoming thinner.I am very worried but do hope that you can give some solution- i cannot afford surgery to the stomach as this will be very costly.Is there anything else we can try-please help as she often feels embarrased to undress in my presence.

Doctor