Very heavy period and blood clots

Patient

Q: Last month started my period was really heavy. Tampons not holding to the point of would walk from bathroom to living room and blood would run down my legs. Blood clots the size of 50 cent or larger. Bed being saturated at night. Afraid to leave home. Lasted about 2 weeks on with heavy every couple of days. Then went to spotting the rest of month with light red to brown in color. Started back this past Tuesday same again heavy bleeding with very large blood clots going through pads and tampons really quickly saturating through cloths and have had to change sometime 3 times a day due to it will be so heavy i can leave bathrom and by time I reach leaving room it has already saturated tampon and running diwn my leg. This is Saturday and I am still really heavy and having verylarge blood clots. I can stand in shower and blood jys runs. I have no energy and stay sleepy. Sounds stupid but I simply. Have not been to see dr due to scared of answer, but. It is getting worse. I am 42 years old. I am also having a lot of headachs.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query
When you are having heavy menstrual bleeding it is always better to consult a gynecologist who will do a scan to see what is wrong it could either be due to premenopausal symptom or due presence of fibroid s etc . She will first prescribe medication to stop the bleeding which is the first step of action to be taken. Based on the diagnosis appropriate steps can be taken .
Hope that answers your queries.
Have a good day.