Very Low Ferritin and Body Aches/Pains as main symptom

Patient

Q: Is it possible that low ferritin levels or iron deficiency could cause aches and pains and stiffness throughout the body? All my blood work has been coming back normal, except for this and was wondering if that is why I am experiencing these symptoms. I'm 32, in otherwise good health, no smoking, no drinking, no caffeine, no drugs. No medical history. Had a bad virus last year (Oct 2013) and had nerve pain/tingling/numbness for a few months. Since April I have been experiencing aches, pains, stiffness, mostly in shoulders, arms/hands, and back. I have 2 small children ages 5 and 3. Total Iron was 31, Iron Binding Capacity 475, saturation 7, and ferritin 2 (If these help or mean anything to you or should be treated and how?) Thanks so much!

Symptoms:  Achy, strain-like pain in neck, shoulders, back, stiffness lower back, stiffness hands at night, right arm feels weak and uncomfortable when raised, like circulation problem, right underarm discomfort. pain is always there, but is better or worse at times, never 100% gone for several months (since March 2014).
Doctor