Very small face in proportion to body

Patient : Im almost 18 years old and since I was 12 years old I noticed my face is extremely small compared to my body. I look at all my family members and see that their faces are large in size and very healthy and normal looking. At my 17th birthday party everyone kept saying I dont look 17 and I still look like im 12 years old. its very hurtful and I have no self esteem because of it. I also recently figured out im anemic and have iron deficiency. Please tell me if taking the iron supplements will make my face grow more into a healthy 18 year old face? & why is my face so unhealthy looking? My body is fat and I weigh 170 pounds so im not underweight thats for sure.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: On my home tonight while driving my car, I pulled over and read a message in my car. I ended up sitting in my car for...

Q: My kid is exibiting poor behavior due to consumming suger in large amounts. When his diet is controlled he is fine. H...

Q: How to help my 13 year old girl to grow higher We are concern about my 13 year old daughter growth, (born in Novembe...

Q: I have found two small bumps on my vagina but i have yet to have sex and nor have i shaved down there. But im still a...

Q: I am a 19 year old female and there are a couple of small(about nickle) sized lumps in my butt crack , they hurt if p...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon