Viability of multiple pregnancy

Patient

Q: I am 6 weeks pregnant and and since my first blood test I have had a feeling that I was having twins. I did a pregnancy test at around 3 weeks, and even though I had not yet missed a period and it was in the evening, the test showed positive almost immediately. My HCG levels were much higher than average when checked at 4 weeks. I am 'showing' already. And strangely enough without mentioning this a few people have had 'hunches' that it is twins. 
Upon re-searching more online, i learned that after the age of 30 chances of having twins increase and that if you have one or more children and if you have had 4 previous pregnancies it also increases chances of conceiving multiples. I am 34 with a 9 year old daughter and this is my fifth pregnancy. I unfortunately did not carry any beyond 8 weeks.
Today we went for a ultrasound as I was experiencing some light spotting and cramping on my left hand side. The ultrasound showed two sacs. One with a fetus and heartbeat  of 121bpm and the other sac was more difficult to see, slightly smaller with no obvious fetus and no heartbeat, but there was a darker area in the sac that was pulsing (like blood flow.)
My gynecologist sees a slight bleed and based on my history and risk of miscarrying, has recommended bed rest and has prescribed oral progesterone and a mild aspirin. I am to go back late next week for another ultrasound.
Could the second sac be a viable pregnancy, but just slightly behind the first? 
I really don't want to get my hopes up, but would love twins.
What do you think my chances are of seeing two healthy little heartbeats at our next visit?

Doctor