Viagra & Retinial Issues

Patient

Q: I was born with a rare genetic disorder that among other things causes symptoms that closely resemble Retinitis Pigmentosa, however I don't have the RP gene. I am legally blind but my central vision is fine. I just have bad tunnel vision.

I've been dealing with erectile dysfunction and my doctor suggested I try the free sample of Viagra that Pfizer offers. But after reading the warnings it says you shouldn't take it if you have RP.

Would Viagra, in a small dosage (25-50 mg) be safe for me to take? I don't even know if it'll help but I'm afraid to take it because of the warning.

Doctor