Vibrating sensation in (i'm assuming) bladder area

Q: I'm a 32 year old male, 5'8", 130 lbs. I have a painless but annoying vibrating sensation in what I'm assuming is around my bladder. I'm still urinating "normally" and have no other symptoms or issues. It's more an annoyance than anything.

Symptoms:  Vibrating sensation around bladder area - below belly button but above genitals

Thank you for your medical query at
A vibrating sensation around the bladder area or a feeling of fullness could indicate a possible cystitis. In the earliest stages of cystitis ( inflammation of the bladder ), there will be no other symptoms apart from a slight increase in the urinary urgency, and a constant pressure feeling in and around the bladder. When the inflammation involves the neck, the surrounding muscles go into spasm causing tightening of muscles around the groin.

Since you have been very specific in describing the area, it is definitely around the bladder area, hence cystitis needs to be ruled out. You need to give your urine for routine microscopy, and urine culture. This will help in identifying the exact organism and the antibiotic it is sensitive too. Bladder infections can be tricky as sometimes the urine will be clear and it will show no evidence of infection. If the symptoms persist, a course of Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily is given prophylactically to the patient for a week. In most cases, the symptoms resolve following the antibiotic therapy.

I will also advise you to get a CT KUB for a more conclusive diagnosis. In later stages, there is a persistent discomfort around the bladder area, and groin, and hence, Tamsulosin is given to relieve the constant spasm around the bladder. So kindly get the investigations and you can follow-up with your reports.

Hope this was helpful,
Please feel free to discuss further,