Vibration in my vagina

Patient : I have a vibration in my Vagina like a cell phone is Going off it does not hurt And has been doing it for Two days it happens a out Every five minutes and last About three seconds
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The sensation you are experiencing could be do periodic muscle spasms. This could be stress /anxiety related, or due to a problem with the nerves supplying the muscles of the vagina. This can also be caused by prolonged sitting for extended periods of time. This puts pressure on the pudendal nerve which when relieved can result in periodic fasciculations of the muscles lining the vagina. Try to reduce the amount of time you spend sitting to see if this helps with your symptoms. Should this not help, we recommend that you have a Gynaecologist perform a pelvic examination to determine what could be causing this peculiar manifestation. Should you develop any pain, or bleeding, or develop the inability to engage in sexual intercourse, please see you doctor immediately. AskTheDoctor.com appreciates you consulting us with your medical question.