Vibration induced puritis

Patient

Q: Suggested catagory, dermatology or itch

Hi,

I have had this problem for a while but always thought it was normal until I had a conversation with friends.

I am a 23 year old female, BMI 18, 5ft'1, I lead an active lifestyle and am a sprinter. My problem is that I seem to have a vibration induced itch. It's not severe enough to see my GP about. I get it during exercise- running mainly, and cycling on bumpy ground I get it in my hands. Also when on a bumpy ride it it really itches my lower back and the jets in hot tubs make my skin read and itchy.

I have also noticed itch on those vibration exercise plates. It doesn't stop me from doing exercise as I just though it was normal and carried on however it is really distracting and can be painful when I scratch.

My skin goes red as well, but is never raised. I was looking up physical urticaria but the absence of raised lesions suggests not. I have looked this up a lot online and have found lots of forums of people experiencing similar phenomonons but no real diagnosis.

Many Thanks for your help

Doctor