Victoza- serious hair loss

Patient

Q: Hallo Doctor please help me! I have been using victoza since Nov 2014 0.6mg. End Des 2014 it became more 1.2mg and since Jan 2015 my hair is falling out a lot more than normal. i have asked the doctor whom prescribed it about the hair loss but he doesn't have a answer since i am the third person he prescribed it for. It is becoming a desperate situation, should I stop using victoza??

T

Symptoms:  Serious hair loss
Doctor

A:   Thank you for choosing ATD.

Here are a few side effects of Liraglutide:
Headache
Upset stomach
Nausea
Diarrhea
Back pain
Cold and runny nose
Skin rash

However, hair fall is not one of the reported side effects of this. I recommend that you talk to a Doctor to confirm the cause.

Once the cause is confirmed, the Doctor can modify your medication if needed.

I hope this helps you. All the best.