Victoza with Testosterone

Patient

Q: I take Testosterone shots of 400 mgs every 2 weeks. My diabetes doctor has just put me on Victoza injections. Considering that the Testosterone can act as a growth promoter in some cases, and that some of the side effects to Victoza can be really dangerous, do you think it's wise to be taking the combination of these two drugs?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. There are no documented drug interactions between liraglutide (victoza) and testosterone injections. There is no concern for taking these two medications together. If you experience side effects of taking liraglutide such as diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, or develop a rash or shortness of breath, please contact your doctor as soon as you can to be evaluated.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com