Viral fever and sugar level

Patient: Is there any relation between the viral fever and blood sugar? In viral fever the blood sugar level is incresed or not? I have the normal blood sugar but during the viral fever illness my blood sugar was suddenly increased. is it oftenly happens or not?

Doctor: I realize your concern about Fever due to viral illness and elevated Blood sugar levels. Sources of stress can be physic al, like injury or illness. Or they can be mental, like problems in your marriage, job, health, or finances. A viral infection causing Fever can be considered also a period of stress. When stress occurs, the body prepares to take action. This preparation is called the fight-or-flight response. In the fight-or-flight response, levels of many hormones shoot up. Their net effect is to make a lot of stored energy glucose and fat available to cells. These cells are then primed to help the body get away from dangerDuring stress, the body reacts and releases stress hormones which act directly by releasing glucose, this extra glucose might not be. In people with diabetes, the lack of insulin or its malfunction would not keep up with this extra glucose. I hope I cleared your doubt.