Vision lose should I do anything about this

Patient

Q: I had a migraine 2 days ago, it was one where i saw blindness for 30 min then a huge headache followed. I just lost my dog too 3 days ago so its been kinda a sad time. But my vision came back but ever since I've kinda been seeing blind spots in my left eye especially. my headache has pretty much gone away now just today. is this something i should get checked out or what do you think i should do/happened?

Symptoms:  Headache, seeing blind spots
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Migraine is a common cause of headache and they are known to start with an aura like you had. But normally the aura doesn't persists after the headache. The blind spots that you are still having are generally not present after a migraine attack.
In some cases, the migraines are followed up by neurological deficits like partial blindness and this requires separate treatment and may not be self reversible. I would suggest that you should seek a physician opinion in this regard and also if possible get an MRI scan of the brain done. Nothing to panic but yes seeking help is recommended.
Also if you have frequent migraine, prophylaxis for migraine with divalproex sodium or flunarizine should be considered. Among my patients , I start them on 500mg of divalproex to prevent the attacks of migraine.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you in future.

Wish you good health!