Vitamin D and Bone Problems

Patient

Q: Last July my doctor told me I needed to start taking 1000 units of Vitamin D daily because I was extremely low.

I began following what she said. I took the pills everyday.

In October of 2010, I ended up falling and doing terrible damage to my leg and ankle. They both broke causing lots of pain. For some reason I stopped taking the Vitamin D.

I recently found my old pill bottle and decided it was probably good to re-start following the doctor's advice. HOWEVER, I've noticed since being back on the vitamin, I've had stiffness, and annoying pains in my body.

Is there ANYWAY that Vitamin D could cause me PROBLEMS in my bones? Has there ever been a possibility that this is the cause?

Doctor