Vitamin D Deficiency treatment.

Q: I have Vitamin D Deficiency . What D3 pills should I take? I've been taking D3 1000 IU once a day but i'm not sure if it's helping

Symptoms:  Weakness

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

For Vitamin D deficiency, I prefer to give Cholecalciferol 60K once a week. The dosage actually depends on the level of vitamin D found in your blood test.
If you have been on the correct dosage, then continue it for at least 2-3 months for beneficial effects.
Vitamin D deficiency may cause weakness, joint pains, increased cardiovascular disease risk, asthma etc.
Symptoms subside once you start the medicine. But it may take 4-5 months for resolution of the symptoms.
You can share my opinion with your doctor.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.